Locate Your Ancestors
This website is a resource for genealogy researchers trying to locate ancestor information, family history, and historical records.
New York Counties Will Testators Indexes
260116 records, counting
List of Testators who wrote the wills leaving stuff to heirs or screw them out of their inheritances
| Search This Site Engine | Counties | SAMPUBCO home | Wills Records home | SiteMap | Policy / Contact Us
All Rights Reserved Copyright 1999-2014 W. David Samuelsen
| Albany | Allegany | Bronx | Broome | Cattaraugus | Cayuga | Chautauqua | Chemung | Chenango | Clinton | Columbia | Cortland | Delaware |
Dutchess | Erie | Essex | Franklin | Fulton | Genesee | Greene | Hamilton | Herkimer | Jefferson | Kings | Lewis | Livingston | Madison |
Monroe | Montgomery | Nassau | New York | Niagara | Oneida | Onondaga | Ontario | Orange | Orleans | Oswego |
Otsego | Putnam | Queens | Rensselaer | Richmond | Rockland | St Lawrence | Saratoga | Schenectady | Schoharie | Schuyler |
Seneca | Steuben | Suffolk | Sullivan | Tioga | Tompkins | Ulster | Warren | Washington | Wayne | Westchester | Wyoming | Yates |
Back to Top
- Albany - 1 Nov 1683 - Early wills were also filed in New York County.
OLD Section | A-F | G-O | P-Z (old Section - 1629-1836) | completed | 1692 records
NEW Section |
A-B | C-D | E-G | H-K | L | M | N-R | S | T-V | W-Z | 10464 records
- Allegany - 7 Apr 1806
| A-D | E-L | M-R | S-Z |
completed | 2826 records
- Bronx - 1914 from New York. For early years, see Albany or New York or Westchester Counties
- Broome - 28 Mar 1806
| A-B | C-D | E-H | I-M | N-R | S | T-Z | completed | 4245 records
- Cattaraugus - 11 Mar 1808
| A-B | C-D | E-G | H-J | K-M | N-Z | S | T-Z |
completed | 4663 records
- Cayuga - 8 Mar 1799
| A-B | C-D | E-G | H-K | L-M | N-R | S-T | U-Z | completed | 6086 records | see also: Surrogate's Records
- Chautauqua - 11 Mar 1808
| A-B | C-E | F-H | I-M | N-R | S | T-Z |
completed | 5030 records
- Chemung - 29 Mar 1836
| A-D | E-L | M-R | S-Z | completed | 3062 records
- Chenango - 15 Mar 1798
| A-B | C-F | G-L | M-R | S-Z | completed | 4133 records
- Clinton - 7 Mar 1788
| A-E | F-L | M-Z | completed | 2168 records
- Columbia - 4 Apr 1786 from Albany.
| A-B | C-F | G-J | K-Q | N-R | S-U | V-Z | completed | 5312 records
- Cortland - 8 Apr 1808
| A-F | G-M | N-Z | completed | 2670 records
- Delaware - 10 Mar 1797
| A-B | C-E | F-G | H-K | L-M | N-R | S | T-Z | completed | 5283 records
- Dutchess - formed 1 Nov 1683 from Colonial Lands then annexed to Ulster Co and separated in 1713. Early wills were filed with Albany or New York Counties.
| A-C | D-H | I-O | P-S | T-Z | updated 30 July 2014 | 8293 records, counting
- Erie - 2 Apr 1821 from Niagara.
No will books at all. See Surrogate's Records section.
- Essex - 1 Mar 1799
| A-J | K-Z | completed | 1343 records
- Franklin - 11 Mar 1808
| A-E | F-L | M-R | S-Z | completed | 2775 records
- Fulton - 18 Apr 1838 from Montgomery. Hamilton Co was attached to Fulton 1838.
| A-C | D-H | I-M | N-R | S | T-Z | 4032 records
- Genesee - 30 Mar 1802
| A-D | E-K | L-Q | R-S | T-Z | 3770 records
- Greene - 30 Mar 1802
| A-B | C-F | G-K | L-O | P-R | S-U | V-Z | 4609 records
- Hamilton - 21 Feb 1816 from Montgomery but remained attached until 1838. Attached 1838 to Fulton Co. briefly. Earlier recoRds before 1878 evidently are in Montgomery, Fulton and St. Lawrence Counties.
| A-Z | completed | 299 records
- Herkimer - 16 Feb 1791
| A-B | C-D | E-G | H-K | L-O | P-R | S-U | V-Z |
completed | 5474 records
- Jefferson - 28 Mar 1805
| A-B | C-E | F-G | H-K | L-O | P-R | S-U | V-Z | 5246 records
- Kings - 1 Nov 1683 - Check New York County for many wills filed from Kings County in early years
| A-D | E-K | L-R | S-Z | 5420 records, counting
- Lewis - 28 Mar 1805
| A-Z | completed | 522 records
- Livingston - 23 Feb 1821
| A-F | G-M | N-Z | completed | 3345 records
- Madison - 21 Mar 1806
| A-B | C-F | G-K | L-Q | R-S | T-Z | completed | 1402 records
see also Surrogate's Records
- Monroe - 23 Feb 1821
| A | B-BL | BO-BZ | C | D-E | F-G | H-I | J-L | M | N-Q | R | S-SL | SM-SZ | T-V | W-Z | 10,148 records
- Montgomery - 2 Mar 1772
| A-B | C-D | E-G | H-K | L-M | N-R | S-U | V-Z | completed | 2049 records
- Nassau - 1899 from Queens. Check New York and Suffolk Counties (before1914) for earlier records.
- New York - 1652 -Large number of wills were filed in Albany County 1629-1802. Please check Albany County.
| A | B-BL | BO-BZ | C-COK | COL-CZ | D | E | F | G | H-HE | HI-HZ | I | J | K | L | M-ME | ML-MZ | N | O | P | Q | R | S-SL | SM-SZ | T | U | V | W | XYZ | 23725 records counting
- Niagara - 11 Mar 1818
| A-D | E-K | L-R | S-Z | 3851 records
- Oneida - 15 Mar 1798
| A-BO | BR-CL | CO-DY | E-GL | GO-HI | HO-J | K-MA | MC-O | P-RI | RO-SM | SN-V | W-Z | 10,001 records
- Onondaga - 5 Mar 1794
| A-G | H-Q | R-Z | 1975 records
- Ontario - 27 Jan 1789
| A-C | D-H | I-O | P-S | T-Z | 5307 records
- Orange - 1 Nov 1683 - Large number of wills were filed in Albany County 1629-1802. Please visit Albany County. Also New York county.
Will Books: | A-B | C-D | E-H | I-M | N-SL | SM-V | W-Z | 9065 records
Original Wills: | A-Z | 1019 records, counting |
- Orleans - 11 Nov 1824
| A-C | D-J | K-R | S-Z | 2641 records
- Oswego - 1 Mar 1816
| A-C | D-H | I-O | P-Z |
- Otsego - 16 Feb 1791
| A-B | C-F | G-L | M-R | S | T-Z | 5663 records
- Putnam - 12 Jun 1812 from Dutchess.
| A-Z | 1659 records | complete
- Queens - 1 Nov 1683 - Many early wills were filed in New York County. Please go there to check it out.
| A-Z | updated 4 Dec 2012 | 1389 records
| A | B | 1071 records
- Rensselaer - 7 Feb 1791
| A-D | E-K | L-R | S-Z | updated 17 July 2013 | 5497 records, counting
- Richmond - 1 Nov 1683 - Recording of wills began in 1787. Many early wills were filed in New York County and appeared to have been filed in Essex County New Jersey when it was Colony of East Jersey. Please go there to check it out.
| A-F | G-N | O-Z | 5135 records, counting
- Rockland - 23 Feb 1798
| A-F | G-Q | R-Z | 2511 records
- Saint Lawrence - 3 Mar 1805
| A-BO | BR-CO | CR-E | F-G | H-J | K-MA | MC-O | P-R | S | T-Z | 8046 records
- Saratoga - 7 Feb 1791
| A-B | C-F | G-I | J-L | M-O | P-R | S | T-Z |
- Schenectady - 7 Mar 1809
| A-C | D-I | J-O | O-S | T-Z | 4212 records
- Schoharie - 6 Apr 1795.
| A-E | F-L | M-S | T-Z | 2787 records
- Schuyler - 17 Apr 1854.
| A-L | M-Z | 1458 records
- Seneca - 29 Mar 1804.
| A-B | C-F | G-L | M-R | S | T-Z | 2771 records
- Steuben - 18 Mar 1796
| A-Z | 807 records
- Suffolk - 1 Nov 1683. Many early wills were filed in New York County. Please go there to check it out.
- Sullivan - 27 Mar 1809. A fire destroyed nearly all of probate records in 1909.
- Tioga - 16 Feb 1791
| A-F | G-O | P-Z | 2332 records
- Tompkins - 17 Apr 1817
| A-C | D-H | I-R | S-Z | 3421 records
- Ulster - 1 Nov 1683 - Many early wills were filed in Albany and New York County. Please go there to check it out.
| A-B | C-D | E-H | I-ME | MI-R | S-T | U-Z | 8243 records
- Warren - 12 Mar 1813
| A-F | G-N | O-Z | 2493 records
- Washington - 12 Mar 1772
| A-B | C-D | E-G | H-K | L-M | N-R | S-T | U-Z | 6693 records
- Wayne - 11 Apr 1823
| A-C | D-G | H-L | M-R | S-Z | 3911 records
- Westchester - 1 Nov 1683 - Many early wills were filed in New York County. Please go there to check it out.
| A-G | H-P | Q-Z | 3895 records, counting
- Wyoming - 14 May 1841
| A-F | G-N | O-Z | 2612 records
- Yates - 5 Feb 1823
| A-G | H-R | S-Z | 2131 records